- I’m very loosely playing with the idea of a Yearly Theme. I had some trouble coming up with a theme, but did feel a Year/Season of Less would be a good place to start – I have a tendency of taking on a lot more than is healthy and then get snappy at the people around me, so I thought being a bit more aware of what I’m taking on would be a good idea.
- In line with the Year of Less, I had a talk with my podcasting co-host and we have put “Trigger Point”, our monthly podcast, on hold for three months as we revisit our priorities.
- In addition to playing Pathfinder, I've now gotten into Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition. It's a completely different kind of game where “shit happens” doesn't necessary mean TPK, and it allows for players to be a little more creative. Is this a commentary on how to create a constructive workplace? I don't know.
- I'm trying to get back into writing, but did not want to start a completely new project (see Year of Less, above), so I decided to combine it with my Vampire: The Masquerade game by novelising the game sessions as a character journal. This allows me to flex my writing muscles and explore the complexity of my character more deeply than 4-hour gaming sessions every fortnight would give me.
- Was trying out the gym at work to try to slow down the rate my body is falling apart, but with the recent Coronavirus situation, the gym has been closed until further notice…
- The company I work for hasn't made any announcements about when we'll be working from home yet, so for now it's all business as usual; driving into the office every day to crunch out Excel spreadsheets and Infopath forms.
- Nearly forgot, I’m trying out contact juggling – anyone remember David Bowie in Labyrinth? (and yes, I know he wasn’t the person actually juggling those crystal balls)
This page is inspired by Derek Sivers.